Friday, September 5, 2014

Natural Homemade Deodorant Recipe

health

If you're like me, you have tried many natural deodorants. Many of them that claim to be natural are not natural and/or are not healthy. Most of them do not work. In fact, I've only come across a few that worked well, and they didn't last very long.

These days I don't need it. The healthier I eat, the less body order I have. In fact, if I do stink, I know exactly what I ate to cause it. A healthy body with a balanced inner eco-system (a healthy gut) doesn't exude a foul body odor.

On the other hand, nobody's perfect. It's good to have deodorant for the day that follows a night on the town, one with a few drinks, a restaurant, etc.

The best deodorant I ever used, I made at home. It still doesn't last too terribly long; for me, it works for about 4 hours. But it's certainly my favorite, out of the many I've tried.

All Natural Deodorant Recipe DIY
  • 5 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
  • 5 tablespoons pure cocoa butter (no additives)
  • 3 tablespoons of aloe vera juice
  • 1/4 cup baking soda and/or arrowroot (arrowroot addition is thanks to commenter "HadDone")
  • 1/4 cup witch hazel extract
  • 4 drops essential peppermint oil or tea tree oil
  • 5 drops of lavender essential oil
Heat the coconut oil and the cocoa butter until they are liquid. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or a food processor until well blended. Place into a container (preferably glass) and refrigerate overnight.

There are a lot of ways you can adjust this recipe. If you want a powder deodorant, you can decrease the amount of liquid ingredients and increase the baking soda. Some people use cornstarch, but cornstarch feeds yeast. I avoid it.

For the rest of the story: http://www.naturalnews.com/046727_deodorant_recipe_antiperspirants_body_odor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment