We know that our heart is one of the hardest working and important organs in the body. We also are well aware of habits that are terrible for it. Harvard Medical School recently released five strategic ways to avoid destructive habits and potentially save your life by:
- Steer clear of smoking habits, such as tobacco, and avoid secondhand smoke.
- Get out for at least a half hour every day and get active.
- Maintain a weight that is healthy for your body type.
- Eat a diverse diet of meat, vegetables, fruit, and whole grains, while avoiding processed food.
- Keep your alcohol consumption to a reasonable level, around 1-2 drinks a day for men and only about 1 for women.
It doesn’t take a prestigious institution to figure out these solutions to heart health, as they are quite obvious. But smoking, diet, and fitness aren’t the only dangers to your health. These 10 less known habits could present a danger to your heart health and should be avoided at all costs.
1. Neglecting a thorough brush and floss routine
Believe it or not your teeth play a much larger role in overall health than you may think. The act of brushing and flossing regularly ensures a lot more than an attractive set of pearly whites. The General Dentistry Academy recently found that ¾ of Americans have a type of gum disease, namely from neglecting to floss. Medical research has suggested a link between gum disease and heart issues. So visit regularly your dentist and also read my previous article how to treat gum infection naturally.
For the rest of the story: http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/sneaky-habits-that-sabotage-your-heart/