Friday, June 13, 2014

5 Ways to Get High Without Drugs or Plants

Image

Since the beginning of time, humans have enjoyed getting high. From peyote to fasting, from booze to orgasm, people love to alter their consciousness and feel good. Some argue that addicts and alcoholics crave this transcendence more than the average person, noting that our brains are just wired differently. I don’t know about you but I like boom-boom big pleasure: Sometimes I just want dopamine, serotonin, endorphins and zippy laugh-riot good times. While I’ve learned that a lot of those big highs come with devastating lows, there are many people in recovery who’ve learned how to get those natural highs without the long-term losses associated with the use of drugs:

1. Meditation:

Getting high off of meditation

Now this is an advanced thing and I stumbled upon it accidentally and was delighted. As I started to meditate for longer, I found out I started to feel like I was getting high (the kind of high you get when you smoke marijuana). And once I stared feeling this way, I got addicted! At first I would meditate only in the nights before I went to sleep (did I mention that this is awesome if you have insomnia?), but after this realization I would meditate every time I had some free time anywhere between 15-30 minutes when I wouldn’t be disturbed.

This is the only way, you have to keep doing it and keep increasing your concentration period. And the more you do it, the easier you’ll find yourself to get into this altered state.

Advantages of getting high off of meditation

For the rest of the story: http://thespiritscience.net/2014/06/12/5-ways-to-get-high-without-drugs-or-plants/

No comments:

Post a Comment